Air Conditioner Deodorant
If you have an air conditioner system, and air conditioning is a must for most homes in the increasingly warm summers we have experienced in recent years in the UK, you will know what a welcome respite from merciless humidity and heat a system is. However, if your air conditioner has not been cleaned for a long while, the appliance might blast a foul smell into your home along with the cool air. This can lead to a quite intolerable situation, making your house smell and altogether unpleasant to be in. Luckily, cleaning your air conditioner is not overly complicated. These simple steps will show you how to clean your residential air conditioning unit but it will not replace a professional clean or deodorising.
- 1. Take out the filter from the front grille. Throw it away if it is disposable otherwise place it in a shallow pan and sprinkle dishwasher or laundry detergent on top of it. Pour boiling water on top of it and allow it to soak for 15 minutes or until the water cools. Rinse it with clean water and hang it up to air dry.
- 2. Take out the front grille by opening two clips at the bottom of the grille. Depending on your air conditioner, you may need to remove screws. Set the grille aside. Remove the metal cover of the air conditioner.
- 3. Wipe down the front fins of the evaporator with a long-handled brush. Spray the inside with a cleanser made specifically for air conditioners. Let the cleanser sit for at least 15 minutes, then wipe down the inside of the air conditioner.
- 4. Wipe off dust and build up from the inside of the air conditioner with a barely damp rag. Run a vacuum cleaner across the inside of the air conditioner to collect dust or other particles that might have fallen into the unit, contributing to a bad smell.
- 5. Remove any standing water left in the base of the air conditioner with a sponge. Sprinkle a light dusting of baking soda in this area to absorb further smells.
Alternatively, you can leave it to our specialist accredited engineers to tackle the job for you as part of a regular maintenance programme. If you are thinking of upgrading your air conditioning system, all of our systems come with a free deodoriser treatment with every unit installed that will keep your air conditioner running sweetly with no unpleasant odours.
We will be happy to treat your existing system if you have odour issues and advise you on our regular maintenance plans so contact us today, we are only too happy to help.
Posted in: Latest News - On: 20th of September, 2012